Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Something Out of the Blue

Michael recently went to a conference in D.C. for work and a few weeks before he left, I thought...I'm going to make him a care package to take with him! It has been awhile since I've done something crafty so I decided to put together a "Something out of the blue" care package filled with lots of goodies for him to enjoy while traveling through the airport or relaxing in his hotel room or  to take along while touring the city in his free time.



While searching the web, I got the feeling people have the idea in their head that care packages are only for specific life events or college students or military personnel or long distant relationships, but I beg to differ. As many of you know, I enjoy crafty, DIY projects and I love making people feel special in weird, quirky ways. And I think we can all admit, it's always a nice feeling to know someone is thinking of you, even if you're not necessarily miles and miles apart. :) Oh, and I love bending the "rules" a bit by creating something out of the ordinary when least expected. I'm sure Michael loves it too. ;) Check out my interpretation of this something out of the blue care package. Hope you enjoy and possibly find inspiration to create your own for someone in your life! 

WARNING: I may have taken this whole blue thing too seriously and went a little overboard on the color, forgive me. ;)

Something out of the blue, to show that I love you! Awww, how sweeeet! <3 ;)

I added hints of orange since that's his favorite color and it added a nice pop to all the blue.
I inserted a little looooove note too. This is optional, of course! :D

The good stuff!!
Unless the recipient is receiving the care package in the same day, it's hard to find semi-healthy items to put into these, but who doesn't love to indulge every once in awhile?! I tried staying true to the blue theme, but found it difficult at times. Although, I did manage to fit items like mac&cheese, cheese puffs, gum, oreos, beef jerky and more in the box - all TSA approved (since he took it on a plane with him!)


No comments:

Post a Comment